- 1 cup (8 oz) unsalted butter, softened
- 300 gr granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 T Vanilla Bean Paste
- zest from 2 lemons
- 1/2 t baking powder
- 1 t kosher salt
- 4 C all purpose flour
Ingredients for Salted Vanilla Royal Icing
- 1 lb confectioners sugar
- 5 T meringue powder
- 1 t granulated sea salt
- 2 t vanilla extract
- less than 1/2 cup hot water
- 350-degree oven
- Cream butter and sugar
- Add eggs one at a time.
- Add vanilla, zest, salt and baking powder and mix.
- Mix in the flour one cup at a time and mix just until the ingredients are combined.
- Separate and wrap. Freeze for 10 minutes and cut out your cookie shapes.
- Bake 8 minutes.
Directions for Icing:
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl (except extract) fitted with whisk attachment.
- Whip about 7 minutes until smooth fluffy and opaque.
- Add water teaspoon at a time too thin to desired consistency.
- If too thin, try whipping longer or adding powdered sugar tablespoon by tablespoon.