- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 extra large egg
- 1 /4 cup bourbon for hydrating fruit plus 1 tbs for batter
- 1 tsp vanilla extrat
- 1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- zest and juice for lemon
- 1/2 cup apple cider
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 3/4 cup dried blueberries
- 1.2 cup dried apricots, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup dried cherries or cranberries
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- flake sea salt
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. In a small saucepan heat lemon juice, apple cider and ¼ cup of bourbon. Add all dried fruit and keep over lowest heat until fruit has plumped.
3. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter and brown sugar on medium speed until fluffy. Beat in egg; add brandy, lemon zest and vanilla extract and mix until fully blended.
4. In another bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg; whisk to blend.
5. Alternately, add dry ingredients and buttermilk to batter and mix until blended.
6. Remove fruits and drain remaining liquid, making sure to reserve ¼ cup.
7. Fold the chopped nuts and drained fruit into batter by hand. Chill dough 10 minutes.
8. Drop dough by rounded tablespoons or with a small ice cream scoop, about 2 inches apart, onto cookie sheets lined with baking paper.
9. Bake each cookie sheet for 8 to 9 minutes, until lightly golden.
10. While cookies are baking, make glaze. Combine reserved fruit liquid and powdered sugar until smooth.
11. When cookies come out of oven glaze immediately and sprinkle lightly with flake sea salt.