- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 1/4 cup brown sugar packed
- 1 extra-large egg
- 1 tbsp bourbon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans (or almonds)
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 3/4 cup candied cherries, halved
- 1/4 cup glace-candied fruit mix (such as candied pineapple, citron, orange peel, red cherries)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter and brown sugar on medium speed until fluffy. Beat in egg; add bourbon and vanilla extract and mix until fully blended.
- In another bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg; whisk to blend.
- Alternatively, add dry ingredients and buttermilk to batter and mix until blended.
- Fold the chopped nuts and fruit into batter by hand. Chill dough 10 minutes.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoons or with a small ice cream scoop, about 2 inches apart, onto cookie sheets lined with baking paper.
- Bake each cookie sheet for 8 to 9 minutes, until lightly golden.