ROYAL ICING INGREDIENTS:
- 3 T meringue powder
- 4 c powdered sugar
- About ½ c water, sometimes more or less
- A few drops of almond extract
- Super Red, Super Black, Royal Blue, Leaf Green, and Yellow Gel Food Coloring (I usually use Americolor)
- Silver and Gold Luster Dust
- 2 T Lemon Extract
- Fine decorating brush (looks like a fine paintbrush)
- Flour/Sugar Sifter
- #1, #2, #16, and #32 decorating tips, couplers, ziplock or piping bags
- Silver Ball Sprinkles (these ones are shiny)
- Silver sugar sprinkles
- White ball sprinkles
Yield: Enough to Cover one Batch of Sugar Cookies
1. Sift powdered sugar into the bowl of a stand mixer.
2. Add meringue powder and mix together slowly.
3. Add almond extract and water.
4. Whisk on high for about 5-6 min, adding water as necessary.
5. Icing should be stiff, but smooth enough to flow through a piping bag/decorating tip (it’s hard to describe).