- 1 c unsalted butter
- 1 c sugar
- 3 c all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1/2 tsp grated lemon peel
- 1-2 c powdered sugar (for rolling out)
- Rpyal Icing (see instructions below)
- Super Red, Super Black, Royal Blue, Leaf Green, and Yellow Gel Food Coloring
- Fine Point Black Edible Pen
- Silver and Gold Luster Dust
- Lemon Extract
- Variety of Sprinkles
- Cardstock, Pen, Scissors, Ruler
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Whisk together flour, salt, and baking powder, and set aside.
- Add egg, vanilla extract, lemon, and almond extract to butter mixture until just combined.
- Scrape down bowl, add flour mixture, and mix until combined.
- Roll out to ¼” thick and cut into shapes.
- Bake at 350 for 8-9 min.
● 3 T meringue powder
● 4 c powdered sugar
● About ½ c water, sometimes more or less
● A few drops of almond extract
● Super Red, Super Black, Royal Blue, Leaf Green, and Yellow Gel Food Coloring (I usually use Americolor )
● Silver and Gold Luster Dust
● 2 T Lemon Extract
● Fine decorating brush (looks like a fine paintbrush)
● Flour/Sugar Sifter
● #1, #2, #16, and #32 decorating tips, couplers, ziploc or piping bags
● Silver Ball Sprinkles (these ones are shiny)
● Silver sugar sprinkles
● White ball sprinkles
- Sift powdered sugar into the bowl of a stand mixer.
- Add meringue powder and mix together slowly.
- Add almond extract and water.
- Whisk on high for about 5-6 min, adding water as necessary.
- Icing should be stiff, but smooth enough to flow through a piping bag/decorating tip (it’s hard to describe).