- 2 c cake flour
- 1 1/2 c bread flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/4 c light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 10 ox dark chocolate chips or chunks
- 10 oz semi sweet chocolate chips
- sea salt
Directions for Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Combine flours, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a bowl with a whisk and set aside.
- Cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy (3-5 min) and then add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each.
- Mix in vanilla.
- Scrape down sides, reduce to low, and add dry ingredients.
- Mix until just combined and then add chocolate chips and chunks and mix again.
- Wrap dough in plastic and chill.
- Scoop mixture into balls, sprinkle with sea salt, and bake 15-20 min at 350.
Chef Note: This recipe works best if it can be chilled for a few hours first, along with having all ingredients at room temperature before beginning.