Yield: 20-30 Depending on the Size/Shape
1. Sift flour, ginger, cinnamon, baking soda, nutmeg, cloves, and salt into a large bowl and set aside.
2. Combine butter, shortening, brown sugar, and granulated sugar and beat until light and fluffy.
3. Add egg, molasses, and vanilla, and beat on medium until smooth.
4. Add flour mixture and mix on low speed until combined smoothly.
5. Wrap dough in plastic and chill (2 hours).
6. Roll out dough to ⅛” thick.
7. Cut out pieces, and chill on baking sheet for 15 minutes.
8. Bake at 300 for 30-35 minutes
9. Let cookies cool on pan for 10 minutes and then transfer to a rack to cool.
GINGERBREAD COOKIES DIRECTIONS:
Icing: Royal Icing Recipe
1. Whisk flour, cinnamon, ginger, baking soda, cloves, salt and nutmeg in a large bowl, and set aside.
2. Cream butter, shortening, and sugar until light and fluffy (about 2 min).
3. Add in eggs, molasses, and vanilla, and beat on medium speed until combined.
4. Reduce mixer to low, and gradually add flour mixture until just combined.
5. Divide dough into equal portions and form each into a ball.
6. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap, and chill for at least 2 hours.
7. Roll out dough to ⅛” thick, cut into shapes, and place on parchment-lined baking sheet.
8. Bake 8-10 min at 350 for a softer cookie, and 10-12 min for a snappier cookie.
9. Remove from oven, let cool for 5 minutes, and then transfer to wire rack.
10. Icing- Whisk all ingredients together in a bowl until smooth and pipe onto cookies.
POWDERED SUGAR ICING DIRECTIONS:
1. Whisk all together until smooth.
BUTTERCREAM FROSTING DIRECTIONS:
1. Whisk all together until well combined.