Directions for Snickerdoodles:
1. Heat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Mix shortening, butter, sugar and eggs thoroughly. Measure flour, blend all dry ingredients; stir in.
3. Roll into balls approx. 1 1/2” to 2” in a mixture of 2 tablespoons of sugar and 2 teaspoons of Chai mix.
4. Place 2” apart on a parchment lined cookie sheet. Bake 7 to 9 minutes
Directions for Ginger Whoopie Pie:
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Beat butter, sugar, till fluffy. Add the molasses, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon, salt and cloves. Add eggs, beat well. Beat in as much of the flour as you can with the mixer. Using a wooden spoon stir in the remaining flour.
3. Scoop the soft dough into twenty-four 1 3/4 – inch balls. Rolls balls in course sugar. Arrange balls 2-inches apart on a parchment lined baking sheet.
4. Bake 10-12 minutes or until edges are firm and starting to lightly brown. Cool on cookie sheet 1 minute. Transfer to wire racks and cool completely.
Directions for Vermont Christmas Card Cookie:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Cream butter and sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer with paddle attachment on medium speed until fluffy. Add eggs one at a time and mix until completely incorporated. Scrape down sides of bowl; vanilla and orange extracts and mix until blended.
3. Sift flour, baking powder and salt into a separate bowl; slowly add to mixing bowl on low speed until fully blended nd dough pulls away from sides of bowl. Divide dough into 2 pieces.
4. On a 12-inch x 16 ½ - inch non-stick silicone baking mat or parchment paper, roll out half of dough to ¼ - inch thickness. Place baking mat or parchment on a cookie sheet and chill dough in the freezer for 5 minutes. (Freezing dough slightly makes it easier to cut out shapes and transfer to cookie sheets)
5. Remove dough from freezer. Cut out shapes with a variety of Christmas tree-shaped cookie cutters. Arrange on a cookie sheet and bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and cool. Repeat with remaining dough.
6. To prepare buttercream frosting: cream butter in the bowl of a stand mixer with paddle attachment on medium speed until fluffy. Slowly add confectioner’s sugar and beat on low speed until smooth, scraping down sides of bowl after partially blended. Add cream and vanilla extract and beat until smooth.
7. Divide buttercream frosting into 4 portions. Tint each portion to desired shade with food coloring and transfer to a pastry bag.
8. Using a variety of tips, pipe buttercream frosting on cooled sugar cookies to resemble tree branches. Decorate frosted cookies with sparkling sugar and pearls. If making ahead, refrigerate cookies to hold.
Directions for Cranberry Spritzer:
Mix juice and club soda, serve.