- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup ganulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup quick cooking oats
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup raisins, dried cherries, dried apricots, and or mixed fruit bits
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Beat butter with an electric mixer on medium for 30 seconds. Add granulated sugar, brown sugar, baking powder and baking soda. Beat until combined. Beat in egg and vanilla until combined. Beat in as much flour as you can with the mixer.
3. Using a wooden spoon, stir in remaining flour, oats, coconut and fruit bits.
4. Drop dough 2 inches apart on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
5. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until edges are golden and centers are set.
6. Let stand for 1 minute on cookie sheet. Transfer to wire rack and let cool.