Directions for Cookies:
1. Beat the butter, sugar, and vanilla together until fluffy
2. Add in your egg and vanilla until fully incorporated.
3. Add in the flour, baking soda, and salt and mix until a soft, fluffy dough comes together. Add in dried fruit and nut mixture. Stream in milk until you reach desired consistency.
4. Scoop 1 inch balls and place 2 in apart on a parchment lined cookie sheet. Bake at 350 for 10 min or until you can see crackles on top and edges are firm. Top with Bourbon sauce and flaked salt.
Directions for Bourbon Sauce:
1. Combine the sugar and bourbon in a medium saucepan and cook over medium heat. Swirl the mixture by
lifting the pot and moving it periodically, taking care to not stir it manually so sugar crystals don’t form on the
sides of the pan. Let the sugar boil until it reaches a dark golden amber color (like honey) or about 350 degrees.
2. When your mixture has reached the desired color/temperature, pour in the heavy cream while whisking rapidly. Be careful as the mixture will bubble and rise quickly! Keep stirring until the cream is fully incorporated and mixture smooth.
3. Remove from heat and add in the vanilla extract. Transfer the sauce to a clean jar or glass container and allow to cool/thicken and refrigerate. Enjoy!