Ingredients for Gingerbread:
- 2 sticks of butter
- 1.5 c sugar
- 1 1/3 c molasses
- 2 eggs
- 6 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tbs baking soda
- 1 1/3 tbs ginger
- 2/3 tbs nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp clove
Ingredients for Lemon Clove Royal Icing
- 5 tbs meringue powder
- 8 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 tbs vanilla extract
- 1/2 tbs lemon extract
- 1 tsp clove
- water as needed
Ingredients for Classic Sugar Cookies
- 1 box unsalted butter
- 2 cus sugar
- 1 tbs vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 6 cups of flour
- 1 heaping tbs baking powder
Ingredients for Star Anise Buttercream
- 3 sticks unsalted butter
- 6 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 tbs vanilla
- 1/2 tbs orange extract
- crushed star anise to taste
- milk as needed
Direction for Gingerbread
1. In a stand mixer, whip the butter, sugar until fluffy.
2. Add in the molasses and eggs.
3. Add in all of the remaining dry ingredients and mix well.
4. Wrap the dough in plastic and refrigerate until firm.
5. Roll and cut, bake at 350 for 15 minutes.
Directions for Lemon Clove Royal Icing:
1. Put meringue powder, clove, and sugar in stand mixer.
2. Use a whisk attachment to beat on medium speed, streaming in water, lemon, and vanilla until you reach desired consistency.
Directions for Classic Sugar Cookies:
1. In a stand mixer, whip the butter and sugar until fluffy.
2. Mix in the egg and vanilla. Add in the flour and baking powder and mix well, kneading by hand if necessary.
3. Roll ¼ in thick, cut, and bake at 350 for 10-15 min.
Directions for Star Anise Buttercream:
1. Cream the butter and vanilla extract in the bowl of a stand mixer.
2. Add in the powdered sugar, vanilla, orange, and anise and stream in milk until you reach desired consistency.