1. Cream the butter, sugar, and brown sugar until fluffy.
2. Add in eggs and vanilla and mix well.
3. Scrape the bowl, add in the flour, oats, baking soda, salt and mix.
4. Fold in the apples and butterscotch chips. Dough should be thick but pliable. Add some milk if too dry.
5, Using a cookie scoop, place 2 in apart. Bake at 375 for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool and top with caramel sauce.
Caramel Sauce :
1. Combine the sugar and water in a medium saucepan and cook over medium heat. Swirl the mixture by
lifting the pot and moving it periodically, taking care to not stir it manually so sugar crystals don’t form on the
sides of the pan. Let the sugar boil until it reaches a dark golden amber color (like honey) or about 350 degrees.
2. When your mixture has reached the desired color/temperature, pour in the heavy cream while whisking rapidly. Be careful as the mixture will bubble and rise quickly! Keep stirring until the cream is fully incorporated and mixture smooth.
3. Remove from heat and add in the vanilla extract. Transfer the caramel to a clean jar or glass container and allow to cool/thicken and refrigerate.